looking for a fall-flavored treat? This apple crisp is for you!
It’s the perfect warm dessert for a cool fall night. The combination of warm apples and an almond-based crumble will have your kitchen smelling like an autumn
wonderland in no time. Plus, this small serving dessert will satisfy your sweet tooth without leaving a huge pan of leftovers tempting you when you’re done.
Whether you’re snuggling with your sweetheart or snacking with your family, this treat will convince them to join you on your journey to a healthier lifestyle.
Give it a try! They’ll never see “healthy” desserts the same way again.
Paleo Apple Crisp for Two
- 1 medium-sized apple, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp sunflower seed butter (or any nut butter)
- ½ tbsp. Raw honey
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine apples and coconut oil until apples are well coated.
- Pour mixture into a creme brulee dish (or two small ramekins) and spread evenly on bottom. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon if desired.
- Combine almond flour, sunflower seed butter, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl until a crumble forms (add more almond flour if needed to reach this consistency).
- Crumble evenly and generously over top of apples.
- Place dish on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the crumble becomes golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!